Tex Mex Chicken Skillet
This Tex Mex Chicken Skillet Meal is an EASY one-pan dinner idea to help you feed your people!
SUPER DUPER satisfying and PACKED with MAJOR FLAVOR!
If you’re anything like me, then you probably eat chicken a few times each week…so it’s essential to have an abundance of FABULOUS recipes.
I’m thinking a side of cauliflower rice + a few slices of avocado, sounds PERFECT.
Divide your chicken mixture equally into 4 separate air-tight containers. I added 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice to each serving.
Cover with lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
Chicken Skillet Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1-1/2lbs), cut in half lengthwise if very thick
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups frozen organic corn, rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 oz) can green chilies with juice
- juice and zest of 1 organic lime
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese blend
- fresh cilantro, chopped to garnish
- lime wedges, to serve
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f.
In a small container, whisk seasonings together to create a dry rub.
Rub the chicken breasts really well with your dry seasonings mix on all sides.
Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden-brown. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
In that same skillet add the onions, and sauté until they soften, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the beans, corn, diced tomatoes with juice, chilies, lime juice, zest, and smoked paprika. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for a couple of minutes.
Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper, then return the chicken back to the pan and nestle into the sauce.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly and chicken is fully cooked through.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Serve with cauliflower rice or cooked brown rice if desired.