White Chocolate Oreo Cookies are perfectly soft and chewy cookies loaded with slightly melted white chocolate chips and crushed Oreo cookies. These are warm and delicious cookies with just the right amount of sweetness!
White Chocolate Oreo Cookies
I declare these the best cookies ever! These are the cookies that become an instant favorite. You know the kind of cookies that you can’t stop eating? And just when you think you can’t eat another cookie you do? And then you fall asleep thinking about them and wake up and eat one for breakfast. These are those cookies.
So perfect that I couldn’t stop at just one. I took the recipe from my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough and added loads of white chocolate chips and crushed oreo pieces. The cookie dough was speckled with oreo cookie pieces throughout and it was incredible! I loved the melty white chocolate and my first bite was amazing. The cookies had a crunch on the inside but were soft, ooey, gooey and chewy in the middle. Perfection!
Oreo Cookie Ingredients:
If you love cookies, Oreos and white chocolate chips these will become your new bff. Trust me. You have got to make them! These cookies have it all. The gooey white chocolate, and chunks of oreo cookies baked inside a soft and chewy cookie. The cookies turn out perfect every time!
- Butter: Cream this butter for a smooth batter.
- Brown Sugar and Sugar: A hint of sweetness and softness using both types of sugar.
- Eggs: Gives the cookies a nice soft and creamy texture. Plus helps it stick together and bakes evenly.
- Vanilla: Added for flavor!
- Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt: Combined these create a softer, more fluffier cookie that will rise high when whisked together.
- Oreo Cookies: Crush them up and add them into the cookie mixture.
- White Chocolate Chips: Sprinkle them in at the end!
Let’s Bake Some Cookies!
It took me a while to become an oreo lover. I just didn’t like eating them plain. I loved them baked in something or even used as a crust. But I wasn’t a huge fan. I am more of an eat the middle of an oreo type of person. But when you bake them in something I am in heaven!
- Prepare for Baking: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix Together: In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Blend Ingredients: In a stand mixer or medium sized mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar about 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until incorporated. Mix in the crushed oreos until combined and lastly add the white chocolate chips.
- Create Cookies: Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 7-9 minutes until just starting to lightly brown.
How Do You Crush Oreo Cookies?
Crushing oreo cookies is a simple process but can be a bit messy. Luckily, it is best to not overly crush the Oreos so there is some texture and consistency in the cookies. Larger chunks of oreo is great and a MUST in these cookies to taste all the flavor.
- Plastic Ziplock Bag: Place the oreo cookies into the ziplock bag and using a rolling pin or something hard, break the Oreos up into smaller chunks.
- Blender or Food Processor: You will want to be careful not to over blend the Oreos. Simply add the oreos into the blender and pulse a few times, stirring in between. Try not to over blend.
Tips and Variations:
- Lining Baking Sheet: Using parchment paper or reusable silicone baking mats are the best way to ensure the cookies are baked evenly and perfectly. This will also help lift the cookies off without them sticking to the pan.
- Mixing: When creaming the butter and sugars together, add an extra 2 to 3 minutes to enrich that creamy texture. It will help improve the consistency of the cookies.
- Flour: It is important to have enough flour in the dough. If your dough seems too sticky or wet, simply add in 1 to 2 Tablespoons of flour until it is more creamy texture.
- Chocolate Chips: For a more chocolatey cookie, add in chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips.
- Cookie Scoop: For more evenly made cookie dough balls, using a cookie scoop will help ensure they are all the same size. Once they are scooped then roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet.
- Baking Cookies: It is best to not over bake the cookies. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet while they are still slightly under baked. Once they are cool, place on a cookie rack to finish cooling and hardening.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
- Pizookie Recipe
- Rocky Road Chocolate Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 3/4 Cup butter softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 oreo cookies coarsely crushed
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (12 oz) bag
In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer or medium sized mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar about 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until incorporated. Mix in the crushed oreos until combined and lastly add the white chocolate chips.
Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 7-9 minutes until just starting to lightly brown.
Originally Posted on April 9, 2015