I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel stuck when it comes to knowing what spices to use for chicken or vegetables.
But sometimes I want more oomph. I want to say “WOW!” when I eat dinner, and I want something that I could make at a BBQ where guests would say, “That seasoning is DELICIOUS!”
Friends, look no further. This 9-spice mix for chicken is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for!
9 Spice Mix for Chicken and Vegetables
Aside from the fact that this 9 spice mix is AMAZING, here’s why you should consider making a batch for yourself:
- It’s easy. Measure the ingredients and shake in a jar. That’s it!
- Frugal. Making your own spice blends is WAY more affordable than buying them pre-made.
- Pantry-friendly. You probably have all the spices already in your pantry!
- It’s Different. It tastes nothing like the other spices you’re used to, which makes me love this blend that much more!
- All-purpose. You can use this blend on chicken, pork vegetables, or potatoes… basically whatever you want.
I actually used this mix to pan-fry some chicken for my sister-in-law and her family a few weeks ago and BOTH her and her husband sang praises on the flavor. Her two biggest kids (my nephews) also came in the house – SEPARATELY – and said the chicken was delicious. Even the baby asked for more!
Ingredients for 9 Spice Mix Recipe
As I mentioned, you likely already have all the ingredients for this 9 spice mix recipe. Here’s exactly what you need:
- Garlic powder
- Dried minced onion
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Ground turmeric
- Ground thyme
- Smoked paprika
The only spice you might not have is the smoked paprika, and you have two choices: leave it out, or get the spice.
I HIGHLY recommend getting the spice. It has an amazing smoky flavor that is unmistakable once you taste it, and it always kicks the flavor up a notch.
How to Make this Simple Chicken Seasoning
The steps to make this spice mix recipe is pretty straightforward:
- Measure the spices into a 4-ounce glass jar.
- Seal the jar.
- Shake and use as desired!
I’m a huge fan of batch cooking and cooking once in order to eat twice, so I’ve written this recipe to fill a 4 oz jar, which is enough for 2-3 nights of seasoning. If you want more, double the recipe. If you want less, feel free to halve the recipe.
Can you use these spices for roasted vegetables?
I know I refer to make chicken often, but I use this spice mix for vegetables too! I’ve tried them roasted, grilled and sautéed and they’re ALL so good!!
What goes well with 9 spice mix?
- Oven Roasted Potatoes or Broccoli
- Roasted Whole Chicken
- Pan-Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Vegetable and Kale Salad
Other Easy Spice Mix Recipes
- Homemade Italian Seasoning
- Blackened Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Poultry Seasoning
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
No Cook Meal Plan
Sign up to get instant access to my No Cook Meal Plan, complete with recipes and shopping list!
Easy 9 Spice Mix (for Chicken and Vegetables)
Making your own seasoning is easy with this 9 spice mix recipe – a simple blend of delicious seasonings that works on chicken and vegetables!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 11 Tbsp
- Category: Sauces & Condiments
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: American
- 2 TB paprika
- 2 TB garlic powder
- 2 TB dried minced onion
- 4 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Shake well and use as desired.
Continue Reading…Easy 9 Spice Mix (for Chicken and Vegetables)