This better than anything cake is a chocolate cake filled with caramel pockets, layered with cool whip and topped with heath bites making this cake extremely moist and flavorful in every bite! Make this your next party dessert!
Such a delicious and flavorful dessert that everyone will be raving about! Have it a little lighter and with a little different flavoring with this better than anything zucchini poke cake.
Better than ANYTHING Cake
Seriously, I don’t know what is better than this dessert! It is mouthwatering and heavenly all together with the perfect combination. This cake is enriched in caramel, topped with cool whip and garnished with a crunchy bite of chocolate and caramel mixed together to top it all off. Don’t be alarmed with this cake is devoured in minutes and everyone asking for more. It is a little slice of heaven everyone will be begging for!
I have been making this dessert for every party I go to plus just on special occasions of needing pure happiness. Dessert is one of my favorite meals and this cake has just the right amount of sweetness I love. Devil’s food cake mix is a little darker and not as sweet which makes this the perfect combination mixed with a sweet sauce. You can’t go wrong with this delicious and extremely moist dessert for your next celebration!
This is better than anything dessert is so simple to make and comes together quickly. Make it as simple as you would like or use all homemade ingredients. The flavor on this chocolatey dessert is amazing and SO delicious. Everyone will be begging for more!
- Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix: Make it simple with this cake mix. Bake it following the boxes directions.
- Caramel Sauce: My homemade salted caramel sauce will always help too or a store bought brand is quick and easy.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Create the most moist cake with this condensed flavorful milk.
- Cool Whip: Thaw ahead of time and add it as the “frosting” on top.
- Heath Toffee Bits: Sprinkle over top of the cool whip for a crunchy topping.
How to Make Homemade Cake:
This is your traditional poke cake that is simple to make. Using a boxed cake, simply follow the instructions and bake according to the package. Simply poke holes using a wooden spoon or fork for the caramel to drizzle into each hole. Every party needs this homemade dessert!
- Bake Cake: Bake the cake according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine Sauce: In a medium sized bowl combine caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare Cake: Poke the cake with holes using the end of a wooden spoon. Pour the caramel mixture evenly over the cake. Let the cake completely cool for about an hour.
- Top: Spread the cool whip topping on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with toffee bits. Refrigerate for an hour and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
If you don’t have a wooden spoon use a fork to poke several holes in for the sweetened sauce can be poured over top and soak through.
Tips to Make the BEST Cake Ever!
Make this dessert the best that it can be with simple substitutions and adding your own personal touch to it. I am using a simplified version that tastes amazing but here are some great ways to make it more homemade and personal.
- Box Mix: Seriously, make this easy on you and use a box cake mix. If you do have a favorite homemade chocolate cake, this will work great too!
- Caramel Sauce: Make it homemade or use your favorite jarred caramel sauce from the store.
- Cool Whip: If you don’t have cool whip on-hand making or using whipped cream will also work.
- Cool Completely: Be sure to wait until the warm cake is cooled completely before adding the cool whip. If not, the cool whip will melt and not be fluffy on top.
- Topping: Substitute the heath bits for chopped Oreos, nuts chopped Reese’s or even a skor bar.
- Garnish: When ready to serve drizzle caramel sauce over top of the cool whip and heath bits once ready to serve.
- Wait!: I know, this is the hardest part! It is best to wait a few hours to serve. The caramel and condensed milk is going to moisten and enrich each bite of this cake leaving you speechless. Trust me, the wait makes it only better!
Storing a Poke Cake:
I have never had left overs with this dessert but storing it can be a breeze. This is one of those desserts that is gone within minutes and people are then begging for more and the recipe at the same time. This is simple to store and still looks amazing when serving it!
- Can you make ahead of time? Yes! Simply follow the instructions to make this poke cake ahead of time and let the caramel sauce moisten throughout the chocolate dessert even more over time to soak in. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Storing in the refrigerator: It is best to refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or even overnight. When ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes ahead of time or serve it cold. The dessert will last about 3 to 4 days stored in the refrigerator.
More Decadent Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- Marble Bundt Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Lava Cake
Better Than Anything Cake
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 12 ounce Caramel sauce
- 14 ounces Sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool whip thawed
- 1/2 cup Heath toffee bits