This is the BEST hummus that is fresh, flavorful, smooth and creamy plus quick and easy to make. Add this hummus for your next dip!
Hummus is a savory spread that is fun to add flavor to! Another option for hummus is this lime chipotle hummus that is sweet and tangy.
The BEST Hummus
Truly! This is it! The best of the best! I can’t contain myself and just love every ounce of this hummus. Blend together and get a rich and creamy dip that is irroestiable. Easy to make and comes together quickly and easily. This hummus is all natural and with a nutty and earthy flavor with a hint of sweetness from the tahini and lemon. There will be rave reviews with this hummus!
Hummus is so simple to make and full of flavor with simple ingredients. It is light, fluffy but rich and creamy all in one bowl. Use it as a spread, dip or enjoy it by the spoonful. It is a light and healthy dip that will add so much to your day! Make it as a quick snack, light lunch or a fun dip to have at your next party. This hummus is just what you need on a long day!
What is Hummus?
Hummus is used as a dip, spread or even a quick and easy snack. The main ingredients in a hummus is chickpeas, tahini and olive oil. Add in lemon and garlic for extra flavoring. It is a popular dip in the Middle East, middle eastern and mediterranean areas. Now, it is a popular spread that is found in several grocery stores and now being made at home.
Homemade Hummus Ingredients:
These ingredients can be stored and even fresh with the lemon and garlic cloves. Hummus ingredients can be thrown together quickly and easily into one food processor to create the most delicious spread ever. It is that simple!
- Olive Oil: Perfect for making the hummus rich and creamy with a olive taste.
- Tahini: A jar of good quality of tahini is the best. It is rich and creamy and a great paste to use when making homemade hummus.
- Chickpeas: I used organic chickpeas
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed and added in.
- Garlic Cloves: This garlic is one of my favorite parts.
- Water: Balance the thickness and creaminess with water.
- Salt: A pinch of salt adds a savory taste.
Let’s Make Some Hummus:
- Blend Together: In a food processor combine olive oil and tahini and pulse until smooth. Add in chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, water, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve: Pita, veggies or chips are great for dipping.
Ways to Use the Best Spread:
Hummus can be used as a dip, spread or even just enjoyed alone by the spoonful. It is versatile and has so many options when using.
Try it on one or several of these ideas:
- Bread: Toast up your favorite bread and spread it right on top and the hummus will melt perfectly on the top.
- Burger/Sandwich: Perfect for adding additional flavoring, especially on this turkey burger buns
- Salads: Add a dollop to most salads or add a but more water, oil and lemon juice to make a sweet and savory salad dressing.
- Pasta: Crazy, I know, but when making pasta use it as your cheese base and stir into the hot noodles to melt right on top.
- Potatoes: Use 1/4 cup of hummus when making mashed potatoes for a rich, creamy flavoring.
- Eggs: When making deviled eggs, adding in some hummus makes it more creamy and flavorful.
Make your hummus look even prettier with these tasty and flavorful garnishes. Either blend it in by stirring it together or adding it right on top for color and presentation. You will love the look, flavor and texture that it adds!
- Olive Oil: Drizzle a little more olive oil over top.
- Chickpeas: Add some chickpeas that are not blended for look and flavor.
- Seeds: Sprinkle sesame seeds or a seeded spice blend to add texture.
- Parsley: Chop up fresh parsley and sprinkle over top.
- Paprika: Add color as well as a hint of sweet, spice.
- Red Pepper Flakes: This is a spicy garnish that tastes
More Delicious Dip Recipes:
- Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip
The BEST Hummus I Have Ever Had!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped Parsley
- Red pepper flakes
In a food processor combine olive oil and tahini and pulse until smooth. Add in chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, water, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
Serve with pita, veggies or chips.