Truly, honestly, from the bottom of my chocolate chip cookie heart… it does not get better than this.
Buttery, crisped cookie ridges with a melty chocolate and slightly underdone center is going to give you the best of both cookie worlds, all in the couch-friendly format of individual deep dish cookie bowls.
The path to a lot of the recipes on Pinch of Yum starts with me trying to solve a problem for myself. And my problem was: end of night, end of week, tired and lazy but… I wanted cookies. I’m saying it like it’s past tense but it’s just kind of my life, indefinitely.
But I didn’t want REGULAR cookies (already have those and yes they are the best ever). I was more looking for something in a warm little bowl that I could cozy up with, kind of like these raspberry crumbles – but the more wintery, deep dish cookie version of that.
I’ve been actually making these for several months now in all kinds of iterations and yes, that was a little mean of me to hold out on you for all that time.
What I landed on after eating A LOT of cookie bowls was the stuff of my lazy, weeknight, TV-watching, cooking-loving dreams.
These deep dish chocolate chip cookies are:
- Gooey and underbaked
- But also nice and crispy on the edges
- Loaded with melty chocolate chips
- So cozy
- Begging for some couch time
Call someone. Cue up a show. Get your cookie bowl on.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix butter and brown sugar. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide between two 8-ounce ramekins and press gently to fill the bottom of each.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (18 for underbaked, 20 for semi-baked, 22 for almost fully baked). Allow to cool for a few minutes so they firm up a bit, but definitely, obviously, of course, eat while warm, ideally with some vanilla ice cream. YUM!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: deep dish cookie, dessert for two, ramekin dessert, cookies and ice cream, easy dessert