Best Homemade Keto Ice Cream Recipe is a sweet and creamy, four ingredient, coconut flavored ice cream mixed with heavy cream, swerve confectioners sugar with shredded coconut for extra texture then frozen until hard. Tastes like Real Ice Cream!
Four Ingredient Coconut Keto Ice Cream
With only four ingredients to make this coconut keto ice cream you will see how easy it is to make and taste within a short amount of time. Don’t let homemade ice cream scare you! It is simple to make with little ingredients. Making and preparing this keto ice cream is not hard! You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make this homemade ice cream recipe. It is that simple!
Simply mix together your four ingredients and then freeze in an airtight container or freezer pan. It is that simple and tastes just like ice cream. Your family will not know the difference! It is so good that I almost couldn’t stop. I knew it was going to be a keeper with the thick, rich scoops. This is a MUST try keto ice cream recipe that you will want to make over and over.
Is Ice Cream Keto Friendly?
No, not all ice cream is keto friendly. Most ice creams are filled with sugar and high fat creams that take away the keto aspect. There are a few brands that do make keto ice cream that can be sold at your local grocery store. This four ingredient coconut keto ice cream is low cost and low calorie. It is a total win-win keto friendly recipe.
What you need to make Coconut Keto Ice Cream:
Only four ingredients for this homemade coconut keto ice cream recipe. I love how little the ingredients are and how simple it is to mix them all together. The end results are the best and will help make your keto diet plan even more fun with this quick and easy dessert!
- Coconut Milk: This is best if it is chilled in the refrigerator.
- Heavy Cream: Thickens and helps to harden the ice cream recipe as it is getting mixed together.
- Confectioners Sugar: Swerve is a low fat, calorie free sugar substitute.
- Coconut: Shredded and great flavoring and texture.
How to make Keto Ice Cream Recipe:
Simple ingredients with a quick and easy recipe that your family is going to love. I love how it all comes together so easily. You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it. After mixing it all together add your homemade keto ice cream to a freezer pan and freeze for hours or even over night. This dessert is one of my favorites and the best part is, it is good for you!
- Mix until creamy: In a KitchenAid stand mixer or using hand mixer spoon the coconut milk in a large bowl leaving most of the liquid in the can. Beat until the mixture becomes very creamy about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat together forming peaks: In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the coconut cream mixture into the heavy cream and add the confectioners sugar and coconut.
- Place in freezer: Freeze until it is solid, 5 hours or overnight.
Tips for making Keto Ice Cream:
These tips will help you make your keto ice cream recipe just the way you like it. With only four ingredients, it makes it simple to know just how to perfect your homemade keto ice cream recipe. Some of the tips do change the recipe and may change the ice cream to a non keto friendly ice cream.
- Substitute coconut milk for almond milk for a sugar free ice cream and lighter flavors.
- For a creamy ice cream whisk in 3 to 4 egg yolks and a teaspoon of vanilla extract while mixing. This will give it a more custard base in the ice cream.
- Whole fat cream for a more creamy indulgent consistency.
- Adding in a couple teaspoons of flavoring is always fun but be careful not to add in too much or it won’t freeze properly.
- If you are using an ice cream maker, freeze the bowl ahead of time before starting. This will help set your keto ice cream.
- While it is in the freezer, take it out and stir it together every 30 minutes to an hour for the first 2 to 3 hours. This helps to mix to together better as it is hardening.
- When ready to eat simply soften the ice cream by sitting out a few minutes before serving. Use a warm, wet ice cream scooper to scoop it out for an easier way to scoop.
Add Ins to Coconut Keto Ice Cream:
There are always so many ideas and add ins to make for any homemade ice cream. I am simple and just love a good ole ice cream waffle cone with my ice cream. My kids love to add in and mix more together.
Here are a some ideas on what to do with your keto ice cream recipe. Just know that these will alter the keto friendly recipe as well as add more sugar to the ice cream.
- Candy: Crush up candy bars or m and m’s.
- Fruit: Fresh berries, peaches, cherries or bananas.
- Syrups: Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce or Hot Fudge
- Jams: Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Creamy Toppings: Peanut butter, Nutella or cookie butter from Trader Joes.
- Chocolate Flavored Chips: Milk, dark or white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or mint chips.
- Cookies: Oreos, graham crackers or homemade cookies broken up.
- Nuts: Pecans, almonds, peanuts or pralines.
What to serve with Keto Ice Cream:
If you are staying on track of your keto diet then this coconut keto ice cream is just for you! I am all about eating healthy and watching all that I eat when I need to get ready for swimsuit season. Keto has been a diet that my husband and I have tried and have found great results with it. To start your night off before dessert, I highly recommend this Keto Pizza Recipe. It is just what you need to stay on track but also enjoy a good homemade pizza.
There are days, I will admit, that I just want to indulge in the good stuff and have my regular ice cream cone. I knew I needed to make something that was going to stand out, have the flavor plus the rich, creamy texture that I love from an ice cream cone. This keto ice cream recipe turned out perfectly and I am more than impressed by it all. To make it even better, I just made The Best Keto Brownies Recipe for 2020 and love to serve this coconut keto ice cream recipe with it. It is the perfect combination!
Here are more recipes that are low carb and delicious to enjoy:
- Cajun Shrimp and Sauste Vegetable Sheet Pan
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocado
- Vegetable Detox Soup
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
How to Store Keto Ice Cream:
Once your homemade coconut keto ice cream is mixed together well, simply add it to a freezer pan or air tight container and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for at least 5 hours to overnight. Once the keto ice cream is hard to the touch let it sit out on the counter to thaw for a few minutes prior to serving. Once you are done serving the keto ice cream, cover the pan and place back in the freezer. This will last in the freezer for about 4 to 5 days long.
More Delicious Desserts to Try:
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Turtle Brownies
- Chewy Brown Butter Blondies
- Deep Dish Skillet Brownie Cookie
- Neiman Marcus Bars
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Coconut milk, chilled in fridge
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- In a kitchenaid stand mixer or using hand mixer spoon the coconut milk in a large bowl leaving most of the liquid in the can. Beat until the mixture becomes very creamy about 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the coconut cream mixture into the heavy cream and add the confectioners sugar and coconut.
- Freeze until it is solid, 5 hours or overnight.