The most amazing Roasted Brussels Sprouts are golden and CRISPY with a crunchy garlic parmesan crust! Ridiculously easy and mouthwateringly good, this is sure to become your “go-to” brussels sprouts recipe.
Simple enough for midweek, impressive enough for holiday feasting, roasted is without a doubt the BEST way to eat brussels sprouts!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Everyone needs one ridiculously good brussels sprouts recipe to prove to Sprouts Haters that they CAN be amazingly delicious.
And this is one of mine!
It’s outrageously easy and mouthwateringly delicious. How often do you hear THAT in the same sentence as the words “Brussels sprouts”??!
So what’s so good about these sprouts?
- They’re crispy on the outside – my favourite part!
- Flavour boost from parmesan and garlic
- Extra crunch from breadcrumbs
- No hint of that unappealing boiled sprouts smell that so many people can’t stand!!
What you need
Here’s what you need to make Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts. With so few ingredients, there’s not much space for substitutions here – if any of these get omitted, the finished dish really will be lacking “something” I’m afraid!
How to make CRISPY Roasted Brussels Sprouts
The key for CRISPY Brussels Sprouts (and we all know the crispy golden bits are the BEST part!) is a very hot oven and the parmesan which melts into a crunchy golden crust. It’s tempting to use more parmesan – but to be honest, there’s not much point because there’s only so much that sticks to the sprouts!
And of course the panko adds extra crunch!
What to serve with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This is a vegetable side that will pair with all types of protein from chicken to pork, beef to seafood. Serve it alongside a simple midweek meal like these Honey Garlic Chicken, pan seared Marinated Pork Chops or an incredible Garlic Butter Steak.
And of course, holiday feasting! I see these sprouts alongside your golden Juicy Roast Turkey, your Herb & Garlic Butter Turkey Breast, your Standing Rib Roast (Prime Rib) or your Pork Roast with impossibly crispy crackling!
And of course – the simplest way to serve them: just eat ’em straight off the pan. If you try these sprouts, tell me if you were tempted!!! – Nagi x
Watch how to make it
Amazing CRISPY Parmesan Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Recipe video above. With a crispy parmesan garlic crust and extra crunch from breadrumbs, these may well be the BEST brussels sprouts you ever have in your life!!! And they’re SO EASY.
- 500g/ 1lb brussels sprouts ((Note 1))
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (, minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup (30g) parmesan (, finely grated)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs ((Note 2))
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Prepare brussels sprouts: Trim the base, cut in half and remove the loose, rough outer leaves.
- Place in a bowl, pour over oil and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Toss to coat, then spread out on tray cut face down.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip then roast for a further 10 minutes until the outer leaves are deep golden brown and crispy (see photos/video).
- Immediately transfer to warm serving bowl. Scrape loose parmesan breadcrumbs off the tray and sprinkle, then serve immediately.
1. Brussels Sprouts – look for sprouts that are about 3cm / 1.25″ wide. The smaller they are, the sweeter (but too small cooks too quickly in the oven before becoming crisp). Larger have a more cabbagey flavour.
I haven’t tried with frozen thawed sprouts. Query whether because they are “wetter”, they may not crispy up as much.
2. Panko breadcrumbs – Asian breadcrumbs that are larger than normal breadcrumbs so you get a more amazing crunch!
3. Storage – leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. Best reheated in the oven at 180°C/350°F for 7 minutes until heated through and the outside is crisp.
Life of Dozer
When Dozer was at a friends’ house and promptly stole a toy then hid under the dining table protecting his prize!!
The post CRISPY Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts (addictive!) appeared first on RecipeTin Eats.