This easy homemade pumpkin fudge uses 5 simple ingredients that you probably already have! The recipe is foolproof and has a delicious old fashioned flavor I love, just like peppermint fudge has!
Ever want a dessert that’s quick, easy, guilt-free, and tastes 100% like fall?
This year though, our cooler weather is MIA… pumpkin season is in full swing and it’s 97 degrees outside!!
That’s when you reach for something that DOESN’T require the oven, like pumpkin fudge!
My kids weren’t exactly sure what I meant by “pumpkin fudge.” I don’t blame them though, because usually when someone says “fudge,” you think chocolate, right?
Well, move on over chocolate, because this pumpkin fudge is:
- Made in the FREEZER
- Like pumpkin pie, without all the work!
It also passed my stringent “kid-test,” which is when I give some to each of the kids SEPARATELY and ask them what they think.
Both kids came back with “Wow mom, this is really good!” and they both immediately asked for another piece. That’s how you know you have a winner!
5-ingredient Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
This pumpkin fudge recipe is simple and straight forward and needs few ingredients – just five!
- Almond Butter
- Pumpkin Puree (homemade pumpkin puree or store-bought is fine, but do NOT use pumpkin pie filling)
- Unrefined Coconut Oil (the kind that’s solid at room temperature)
- Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (here’s how to make your own pumpkin pie spice blend!)
I’m willing to bet you have these in your pantry, right?
And if you have peanut butter instead of almond butter, honey instead of maple syrup… you can still get away with a great fudge recipe!
What I consider the best part is that there’s no chocolate!
I know this is a huge drawback for some, but I don’t know of a single mom who wants their kid to eat chocolate before bed. Do you?
This easy pumpkin fudge is a great dessert to keep on hand for when everyone wants something sweet after dinner but doesn’t want to stay up all night, LOL.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Fudge (it’s super easy!)
Making pumpkin spice fudge is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Melt the ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Pour into a mold.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Spice Fudge
- Melt the ingredients over LOW heat, just until everything is melted. If the heat is too high, the almond butter will separate.
- I used this 8” x 8” glass pyrex baking dish and my fudge is thin. You can use a loaf pan like this one to get thicker fudge if you prefer. Or you can double the recipe!
- The flavors come together after the fudge has sat for a couple of hours. Don’t be tempted to add more spice or less almond butter right away.
- This pumpkin spice fudge should be stored in the freezer and doesn’t need to be thawed before eating!
- If you’re taking this pumpkin fudge to a party, ask the host to keep it in their freezer and pull it out just before serving.
My Other Favorite Pumpkin Spice Desserts
- Pumpkin Swirl Black Bean Brownies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Larabar Bites
- Pumpkin Spiced French Toast
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (homemade pumpkin puree or store-bought is fine, but do NOT use pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil (the kind that’s solid at room temperature)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (here’s how to make your own pumpkin pie spice blend)
- Line an 8” x 8” glass pyrex baking dish or a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Stir over low heat JUST until they are melted.
- Immediately remove from the heat and pour into the mold.
- Place mold in the freezer for 2 hours to solidify.
- Store the pumpkin fudge in the freezer. There’s no need to thaw before serving!
Continue Reading…5-Ingredient Pumpkin Fudge