The most amazing Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri is made with a load of fresh, frozen strawberries!! No ice to dilute the flavour, and it’s got the perfect slushy consistency. Dangerously easy to drink – there’s a decent slug of booze in this but you can’t taste it!
What goes in Strawberry Daiquiris: strawberries, white rum (Bacardi, Havana Club), lime and sugar syrup. Freeze the strawberries so you don’t need ice!
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
Strawberry Daiquiris are everything that comes to mind when I think of cocktails:
- dangerously drinkable even though it’s got a good slug of rum;
- looks bright, cheerful and as fabulous as it tastes;
- looks impressive, especially when you nail that perfect slushy consistency so you get a small mound but drinkable – rather than so icy it’s like eating sorbet with a spoon!
- it’s refreshing…. and boozy….
The added bonus here is that it’s made with a hefty amount of fresh strawberries which are loaded with good-for-you antioxidants so let’s believe that the good in this cocktail cancels out the bad… 😂
The best frozen strawberry daiquiris are made without ice – it dilutes the flavour!
What goes in Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
Here’s what you need for Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris:
- Fresh strawberries – mostly frozen and some fresh. If you only use frozen, it comes out like a sorbet texture that you need to eat with a spoon. So I like to use a combination of frozen and fresh!
- White rum – Bacardi is my white rum of choice but you can use any, like Havana Club, Appleton, Cruz. Bacardi is a mid shelf quality white rum. With the fresh flavour of strawberries in this cocktail recipe, you can get away with using any good value or mid level white rum. I personally choose not to use top-shelf liquor for flavoured cocktails because I think it’s a waste. 🙂
- Lime – essential for a true daiquiri!
- Sugar syrup – just a mixture of equal parts white sugar and water, dissolved. Don’t use sugar that’s not in syrup form because this is a cold drink so the sugar won’t dissolve. I have a jar in the fridge at all times – for cocktail emergencies! 😂
How to make Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
Dump and blitz!
Note: You need a powerful blender or Nutribullet-type blitzing device to blend the frozen strawberries into a slushy texture.
Note the consistency of the Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri above and in the video below. It’s like a sloppy slushy – not icy like a sorbet that calls for a spoon to eat it (who wants to eat their cocktails??!!). You should be able to drink it – but it should mound slightly initially then slowly melt!
When to serve Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
Make this strawberry daiquiri recipe for:
- gatherings with friends on warm balmy days;
- sipping poolside;
- those times when you bulk buy strawberries cause you can’t resist a bargain (me!);
- tropical BBQ’s; and
- dinner parties with the girls!
– Nagi x
Watch how to make it
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris
Recipe video above. The most incredible real strawberry flavour – the ultimate strawberry daiquiri! Skip the ice – it dilutes the flavour. This frozen daiquiri has the perfect slushy consistency, and it’s dangerously drinkable – there’s a fair slug of booze in this but you can’t taste it!
- 250g/ 8 oz frozen strawberries (, leaves removed)
- 60g/ 2 oz fresh strawberries (, leaves removed (4 strawberries, Note 1))
- 30 ml / 1 oz sugar syrup ((Note 2))
- 60 ml / 2 oz lime juice (, fresh)
- 120 ml / 4 oz white rum ((Note 3))
- Fresh strawberries (, cut slit in base)
- Lime slices
- Place all ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blitz until all strawberries are blitzed.
- Taste and adjust sweet with more syrup, sour with lime (and booze if you dare!).
Pour into glasses (see video for consistency) and serve, garnished with fresh strawberries!
1. I use a combination of fresh and frozen strawberries to achieve the perfect slushy texture. If you use only frozen, it comes out like a sorbet you need to eat with a spoon!
2. Sugar Syrup – equal parts white sugar and water, bring to simmer on stove until sugar dissolves. Pour into jar and cool before use. OR user any other liquid syrup of choice.
3. White rum – Bacardi (my choice), Havana Club, or other of choice
4. VARIATION – use 90 ml / 3 oz white rum and 30 ml / 1 oz Cointreau. Adds a little extra hint of tropical flavour to it! I do this often.
Life of Dozer
Steers well clear of liquor but definitely interested in the strawberries!!