Meet the chicken pasta recipe of your dreams! Creamy Chicken Alfredo with sun dried tomato, spinach and bacon, you’ll love how the seasoned shredded chicken acts like a mop for the alfredo sauce. A quick 20 minute dinner!
Chicken Pasta recipe – loaded!
This is the pasta you make when you’ve had a bad day and you need a pick me up.
This is the pasta you make when you’ve had a great day, and want to finish on a high note.
This is the pasta you make when you need a quick dinner that everyone will devour.
And this is the pasta that you make just because there are few things in this world that can rival the feeling of complete and utter satisfaction as you slurp down a big bowl of creamy chicken pasta!
What you need
Here’s what you need. Just a quick note on a few of the items:
- Wine – the secret ingredient! Wine gives the sauce that extra little something-something that gives the creamy Alfredo Sauce a restauaranty edge. If we’re going to make a luxe creamy pasta, let’s do it right! Non alcoholic sub – more chicken broth.
- Parmesan – make sure it’s either freshly grated OR use the store bought finely shredded parmesan that looks like small thin batons. Do not use the store bought sand-like parmesan, it doesn’t melt properly in the sauce.
- Sun Dried Tomato – you can skip this if you want, but it does give this pasta recipe an extra little za-za-zoom! I use the healthy no-oil strips, but you can absolutely use the type sold in jars in oil.
You’ll love how the seasoned shredded chicken acts like a mop for the creamy alfredo sauce!
Shredding the chicken is not something I’ve done for pastas I’ve previously shared. It works really well for this chicken pasta because the creamy sauce kind of clings to the chicken, making the overall eating experience even juicier and more slurp-worthy (if that were possible! ).
Quick 20 minute chicken dinner
This is terrifically quick and easy to make with a nice flow to it. Cook the chicken while the pasta cooking water comes to the boil. Then make the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
You’ll have dinner on the table in 20 minutes, and plates mopped clean minutes thereafter. How good is that??! ~ Nagi x
PS If you’re worried that this is a bit more indulgent that your usual midweek pasta, don’t let that stop you. It’s totally worth it – and you can eat air for dinner tomorrow
More creamy pasta recipes
- Fettuccine Alfredo – classic fettuccine with Alfredo sauce
- Alfredo Salmon Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Watch how to make it
Chicken Pasta recipe of your dreams!
Recipe video above. The creamy chicken pasta recipe of your dreams! A creamy chicken Alfredo with sun dried tomato, spinach and bacon, you’ll love how the shredded chicken acts like a mop for the luxurious Alfredo sauce!
- 300g / 10 oz fettuccine ((Note 1))
- 30g / 2 tbsp butter (, separated)
- 2 chicken breasts (, cut in half horizontally)
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (, minced)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine ((sub more chicken broth))
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock / broth (, low sodium)
- 1 1/4 cups (315ml) cream (, thickened / heavy (Note 2))
- 3/4 cup (75g) parmesan (, finely shredded (Note 3))
- 70g / 2.5oz baby spinach
- 100 g / 3oz sun dried tomato strips ((Note 4))
- 120g / 4oz bacon (, cooked and crumbled)
- More parmesan
- Parsley (, for garnish (optional))
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water for time per packet minus 1 1/2 minutes.
- Just before draining, scoop out a mugful of pasta cooking water. Then drain pasta.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet over hig heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side until deep golden.
- Remove chicken onto plate, rest for a few minutes then shred with 2 forks.
- Turn down heat to medium high. In the same skillet, add remaining butter and garlic.
- Cook garlic for 30 seconds until golden, then add wine.
- Simmer rapidly, stirring to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Once mostly evaporated, add chicken broth, cream, parmesan and sun dried tomato.
Simmer on medium for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring leisurely, until it reduces and thickens.
- Add spinach, chicken and cooked pasta.
Toss for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes on the stove, until sauce thickens and coats the pasta strands. Use pasta cooking water if needed if it gets too thick.
- Serve immediately with parmesan, crumbled bacon and parsley (if desired).
1. Pasta – flat wide pastas are best for creamy sauces like this but any pasta will work just fine, short, long, normal or fancy. Use dried not fresh pasta.
2. Cream – recipe will work with light, but obviously lacks the same amount of richness! Toss pasta at end with splash of pasta cooking water – the extra starch in the water will help make the sauce thick like using full fat cream.
3. Parmesan – either finely grate your own, or buy the finely shredded parmesan at the shops (ie the short very thin strands) Do not use store bought sandy parmesan or shaved, they will not melt.
4. Sun Dried Tomato – I’ve discovered the low cal joys of oil free vac packed sun dried tomatoes which is what I use in this. They plump up nicely when simmered in sauce. The sun dried tomato in oil also works just as well.
5. Leftovers – keeps better than most creamy pastas I share because I use a bit more cream in this recipe than I usually do! Fridge for 3 days or so, then reheating the microwave. Add a tiny splash of water to loosen up the sauce if needed.
Life of Dozer
Another weekend of fun at Rick Stein’s Bannisters in Port Stephens! The RecipeTin Family took our mother up for a belated Mother’s Day weekend away. This photo was taken from outside her room – top floor, stunning views, huge sunny terrace and an extra large room.
In fact, everyone stayed up in the “good” rooms while I was relegated to the a ground floor room for easy pooping access to the lawn for Dozer.