Yep. It’s a strange one, but also not, because the fresh greens + olive oil + red pepper flakes combo is never not a good one.
What is kale chimichurri like, exactly?
It’s kind of like a pesto, except no cheese, and no basil, and arguably more healthy, with a lot more zip and bite. It has universally appealing flavor profile with the heavy hitters being garlic, red pepper flakes, and vinegar or lime juice.
Think of anything you’d want to just kick up a notch – that’s a moment for this kale chimichurri.
So here goes everybody all together now:
And out comes kale chimichurri:
You know how sometimes you like to add a handful of kale to your meals… without actually adding a handful of kale to your meals? That’s why this is so great.
I promise you that a large spoonful of kale chimichurri with all its big, puckery flavor will taste even better than straight kale when drizzled all over your
- roasted potatoes
- sweet potato fries
Kale has never loved you back so well.
Kale Chimichurri! Lots of kale and green herbs, olive oil and lime juice, any nuts/seeds you have on hand, and a punch of garlic and red pepper flakes. THE BEST.
- 1 cup packed kale (stems removed)
- 1 cup packed cilantro and/or parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 2 limes (or 1/4 cup white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup cashews, sunflower seeds, or almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Blend all the sauce ingredients together in a small blender or food processor until mostly smooth.
- Pour on everything and feel like a kale-loaded million bucks.
VEGAN: No adaptation needed.
GLUTEN FREE: No adaptation needed.
KEEP IN THE FRIDGE: About 5 days.