One thing that has saved my meal planning tushie time and time again is having a “master recipe list.” Essentially, it’s a big (or small) list of all the “winner” recipes I’ve made for my family.
Having a “master recipe list” means when I sit down on Sunday afternoons to make our meal plan for the week, I’m not starting from scratch every time. I can look at my master meal plan list and pick out what I already know my family likes to eat!
I do admit though, that it can be tricky matching up what’s on sale that week with what’s on the master recipe list. If your family likes ground beef, but chicken breasts are on sale, you’re either bound to run out of ideas or feel like you’re eating the same thing all the time.
That’s one reason created this one week ground beef meal plan for you. Anytime ground beef is on sale, buy a couple pounds and use this ground beef recipes on your meal plan!
Seven Beef Recipes
Another reason I wanted to share this one week ground beef meal plan with you is because I want to show you how to stretch out the ground beef you use in recipes. This meal plan calls for just two pounds of ground beef. And you’re going to get SEVEN easy dinner recipes!
Even better, is that you only need a few ingredients to stretch your ground beef. Most recipes are naturally gluten-free and dairy-free. (You can easily modified for Whole30, Paleo, and low-carb too!).
The key to any good meal plan is variety. I’ve made sure to include a casserole recipe, a crock pot recipe, my favorite chili recipe so far, and even a simple beef and rice recipe. All of them are easy, all of them are healthy, and all of them will help you answer “What recipes can I make with ground beef” when it’s time to make your meal plan!
Also, if your people are picky when it comes to their meals, I recommend making recipes where the ground beef wouldn’t be noticeable in the first place. You can mix in with other things, for example in chili or enchiladas.
Don’t forget to make sure you review the meal plan as a whole and substitute appropriately, so your family enjoys what you’re making for dinner!
A Master Recipe List
By the way, if you don’t have a “master recipe list,” I highly recommend starting one this week. It doesn’t have to be anything glamorous or official. My meal planning system is very simple: I use a spiral notebook! I write my meal plans on the right and draw a small box in the bottom right corner for any winner recipes. Anytime I try something new, I ask the family what they think. If they love it, I write the recipe down in the box!
If you DO have a “master recipe list” going, I highly recommend sorting it by the protein. That way when ground beef goes on sale, and you’re wondering what recipes to make with ground beef (or even if you’re intentionally looking for something easy and healthy that uses ground beef), you have a list of your family favorites ready to go.
(P.S. The same goes for chicken and pork too!)
One Week Ground Beef Recipes Meal Plan
- 100% real food recipes that are simple, straight-forward and family-friendly.
- A week’s worth of recipes that feed the average family of 4 for around $50-75.
- Recipes that are quick to make, and all of them can be made in under an hour.
- A week’s menu that stretches just two pounds of ground beef into 7 meals!
What’s NOT Included:
- Breakfast and lunch. This meal plan is packed with ground beef recipes, so there’s a good chance you’ll have some leftover. But we’re not specifically planning for breakfast or lunch here.
- If you need a breakfast meal plan, you can use this freezer cooking meal plan to make a week’s worth (or more!) of breakfast recipes in an hour.
- If you need a lunch meal plan, use this two-week lunch menu.
- Precautions for food allergies. Because my family is blessed to not have food allergies, I don’t plan in my meal plans for them. However, ALDI has a fantastic line of gluten-free foods, and you’re used to subbing anyway if you’re diary free . With a few tweaks, I think this ALDI meal plan would work in most food allergy families, too.
**Note that clicking the link will trigger a pop-up form. Enter your information to have the recipe sent to you via email. Please allow up to 12 hours for the email to be delivered and check spam folder and “promotions” folder if using gmail. If you still can’t find the download, please email me tiffany (at) dontwastethecrumbs (dot) com.
One Week Ground Beef Meal Plan
But before you jump into this meal plan, you need two pounds of ground beef.
I’ve found grass-fed ground beef locally at both ALDI, Costco and at my local Kroger. I used to buy it at all three places! Not too long ago though, Butcher Box offered two free pounds of ground beef when you purchased a monthly subscription– now I get my ground beef for FREE!
Once you have your ground beef, we’re going to stretch it into at LEAST 8 meals-worth.
(***Note: When I made this at home, I got FIVE meals-worth out of just one pound of ground beef. But I rounded down in case you have big eaters in the family. Once you stretch the meat, you’re going to measure out 8 portions. And you can use anything you have leftover to either “beef up” any recipes from this meal plan, or freeze for future dinners.)
Here’s how to stretch your two pounds of ground beef:
- Follow the recipe and method from my Best Ground Beef Taco Meat post here, but double the vegetables (since you’re making two pounds of ground beef instead of one) and omit the taco seasoning.
- Add two cups of finely shredded cabbage to the list of vegetables. And add the cabbage when you add the carrots. (You can either buy a head of cabbage, or take a short-cut with a bag of coleslaw mix, roughly chopped.)
- Then add 4 cups of cooked green or brown lentils. Gently fold these into the mixture at the very end.
- Measure two cups of this stretched ground beef into plastic storage containers (or containers of your choice).
- Remember that we didn’t season this meat. So you’ll want to add salt, pepper and/or appropriate seasonings to your dinner recipes.
While the focus of this one week meal plan is ground beef dinner recipes, I would be a poor teacher if I didn’t tell you that a GREAT way to eat more produce while keeping your grocery budget lean is serving meatless meals a few times each week.
(**Note: This is just one of the many great eating real food and grocery budget secrets that you can learn here.)
We eat several meatless meals each week. I’ve included some of our favorites at the end of this meal plan. If you toss in a few of these in between the ground beef dinners, and maybe have a breakfast night or a leftover night (or two), you could easily get two weeks out of these meal ideas!
Seven Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner
- Dinner #1: Cheeseburger Helper // Steamed Peas & Carrots
- Dinner #2: Taco Salads
- Dinner #3: Vegetarian Chili // Cornbread // Side Salad // Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Dinner #4: Fajita Tacos
- Dinner #5: Chili-topped Baked Potatoes // Roasted Broccoli // Side Salad // Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Dinner #6: Shepherd’s Pie
- Dinner #7: Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Dinner #8: Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls // Steamed Carrots + Cauliflower + Green Beans
BONUS GROUND BEEF RECIPES
And if you have any leftover stretched ground beef at this point in time, here are a few other recipes we love that can help you use it up:
- Stuffed Mexican Green Peppers
- Beef & Spinach Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- Cheeseburger Pizza (Top homemade pizza dough with stretched ground beef, add cheddar + colby jack cheese blend)
And here are a few of our favorite meatless meal ideas:
- Weeknight Mushroom Pasta // Side Salad
- Tomato Soup // Rosemary Olive Oil Flatbread
- Chocolate Blender Waffles // Scrambled Eggs // Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Minestrone Soup // No-knead Artisan Bread
- Sweet Kale Salad (Costco Copycat)
- Garlic White Bean & Kale Soup // 90-Minute Man Bread
- Panzanella Bread Salad
- Kung Fu Panda Soup // Side Salad
- Red Lentil Vegetable Soup // Sweet Potato Biscuits
In case you missed it, click HERE for the ground beef meal plan with recipes and shopping list.
Continue Reading…One Week Ground Beef Meal Plan