Quick Cheesy Garlic Bread is like the world’s easiest and therefore BEST grilled cheese! Because when you need a cheesy bread fix, we want it now, now, now!
The everyday version of the outrageous Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread, this is the perfect shape for dunking into soups and stews, or serve with a salad to make a meal. Make it once and you’ll memorise it!
Cheesy Garlic Bread: Dangerously quick
This Cheesy Garlic Bread has been pictured repeatedly on my website since the beginning of time. I want to tell you that’s because I’m so addicted to it. Which of course I am – bread, butter, garlic and cheese. It’s a home run right there.
But truthfully, it’s because this food blogger is always scrambling for last second food props when shooting photos and videos, and this Cheesy Garlic Bread is super quick and easy to prepare because it’s made with melted butter instead of softened butter.
Melted garlic butter works better
When I make garlic bread the “normal” way using baguettes sliced almost all the way through then wrapped in foil and baked, softened butter mixed with garlic works much better because it’s easier to smear butter into the slices rather than drizzling.
But for this method when a loaf of bread is split in half OR you use slices of bread, melted butter works much better. The buttery garlic flavour soaks deep into the bread, far better than spreading with softened butter.
How I make this Cheesy Garlic Bread
QUICK is the operative word here: Mix melted butter, salt and garlic. Split loaf in half lengthwise, drizzle with butter. Bake in lowish oven, top with cheese, melt, devour.
Quick ‘n easy way to make ANY meal better.
This is a recipe / method that everyone should memorise and use forever. You don’t need to use my exact quantities, make this your own! Add herbs, parmesan, more garlic, less garlic, chilli , truffle , pesto ……
Take soup from great to OMG I could have this every day!! Take a stew from mmmmm to please make this again tomorrow!!!
Serve this with a salad to make a meal.
Or …. you know. Just eat it, as is. – Nagi x
Cheesy Garlic Bread
Watch how to make it
Quick Cheesy Garlic Bread
Recipe video above. The quickest and BEST way to make Cheesy Garlic Bread – just drizzle with melted garlic butter, bake, top with cheese then melt. Perfect shape for dunking into soups and stews, or upgrade any meal!
- 1 bread loaf approx 30cm/12″ long ((Note 1))
- 100 g / 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves (, minced (~ 3 tsp))
- 2 – 2.5 cups (200 – 250g) mozzarella cheese, grated (Note 2)
- Parsley (, for sprinkling (optional))
Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Mix butter with garlic and salt.
- Cut bread in half horizontally.
- Drizzle with garlic butter all over – don’t miss any patches!
Bake 20 minutes until bread is crispy on the edges.
Crank oven up to 200C/390F. Top with cheese, bake 7 – 10 min until cheese is melted and bubbly.
1. Bread – I prefer making this with softer bread loaves like Ciabattam Vienna and “normal” bread, rather than sourdough. Flatter (rather than tall) works better (optimal bread to butter ratio!). Works perfectly with sourdough too, I just like the softer bread for this recipe. Personal taste.
2. Cheese – or other melting cheese
3. Variations – This is a method more than exact recipe, so make it your own! Spread with pesto or other antipasto-type spreads eg olive tapenade, add dried herbs, truffle butter or oil, add sprinkle of parmesan.
4. Storage / make ahead – best served fresh. To reheat, wrap in foil and reheat in oven. Assemble by drizzling bread with butter, then wrap and store in fridge until ready to bake.
5. Nutrition per piece.
Life of Dozer
Currently in Melbourne for the Australia Open. Handed Dozer over to the golden retriever boarder at the beach. Had this furry face smushed up against the window until he drove out of sight…