This recipe is a tiny bit sweet, and a bit tangy, & SUPER SIMPLE…but the best part it that it’s totally interchangeable!
Add this to any soup, salad or recipe of your choice, and the FLAVOR will be absolutely AMAZING and intensified!
Shredded chicken makes a great way to get dinner on the table super quick! You can use it to make a meal fast and the variety you can make with it is limitless!
The types of food span from Mexican to Asian, to classic American favorites such as salads, sandwiches, and soups.
The best part is that a meal can be made in just a few minutes if you already have the chicken on hand…so set your slow cooker… set it and forget it to do the hard work while you go about your day.Makes about 6 servings
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or tenders
- 1 (16 ounce) low-sugar, all-natural jar salsa or tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup high-quality balsamic vinegar
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker, pour salsa/tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar on top. Cover and cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours. (I really prefer cooking on low)
- Shred chicken with a fork, or do like I do and shred by using a kitchen aid mixer…takes just 1 minute! (place cooled chicken in the mixer bowl and with the paddle attachment and turn it on to the low setting.
- Let it turn until it is just shredded then remove the chicken. About 1 minute.
- Add in all remaining sauce/juices from the cooking pot, stir to combine well.
- Enjoy in lettuce wraps, salads, or with a cup of broccoli and cooked brown rice.
- This chicken is WONDERFUL for food prep, and lasts 4-5 days refrigerated, or six weeks frozen.