FLAVOR + VEGGIE PACKED!
When the kids go back to school, I seem to rely on my slow-cooker a lot more often.
Maybe it just makes my home feel like fall – maybe it’s that crock-pot cooking ensures that dinner will be ready…no matter what!
Do you use a slow cooker?
We’re thinking of dedicating October + November to healthy new crockpot recipes for the blog.
Would this be helpful?
makes about 4-5 servings
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts, sliced as shown
- 1 lb. new potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 6 cups chicken bone broth, or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- sea sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- plain Greek yogurt
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- fresh chopped dill
- Place all the ingredients (besides toppings) in the crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or HIGH for about 4 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice. Enjoy!