So have you tried em’ yet?!! Not only do overnight oats save you time in the morning, but they’re also much easier to digest than unsoaked oats.
As the oats soak overnight, their digestibility greatly improves.
As overnight oats soak, the starches break down which improves digestibility and the natural phytic acid which all plants contain, is greatly reduced making them easier for your body to absorb.
For each 1 serving you’ll need:
1/2 pint glass jar with lid
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice, I used almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp no sugar added strawberry jam
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (peanut butter or almond butter)
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh diced strawberries
- In a mason jar or a glass container, add the oats, chia seeds, milk, yogurt, jam, peanut butter, honey (if using), vanilla extract, and strawberries, and stir to combine well.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight for up to five days.
- Before serving, top with your fresh strawberries, give it all a big stir, and enjoy! (and YES they are eaten cold, just like pudding…just try it!)