Helping you eat more veggies today!
This salad was so good! I used the famous CFC creamy garlic dressing.
Just because it’s fall, doesn’t mean we need to skip the fresh salads.Salad Serves 4
For the Salad:
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 sweet potato, cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil, or olive oil for roasting
- sea salt + freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed organic baby greens
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Creamy garlic dressing (recipe below)
- Toss your carrots, sweet potatoes, and beets in a bowl with 1 Tbsp. oil and a touch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper, until coated.
- Space coated root veggies evenly on a large sheet pan, and roast at 400 degrees f. for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway. Allow to cool.
- Arrange all salad ingredients nicely onto serving plates, including roasted root veggies and drizzle with about 2 Tablespoons of your creamy garlic dressing.
Creamy Garlic Dressing
makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6-8 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 4 Tbsps. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsps. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- Place oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, salt, mustard, and honey in a high powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Stir immediately before using
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to a week.