The ULTIMATE in grab-n-go meals for your week ahead!
These salad jars are stacked with flavors, textures, and energy boosting nutrients!
This recipe requires a bit more prep and ingredients…but it’s SO worth it!
Read recipe to the end before planning out your jars!
The avocado dressing and grass-fed beef instructions will make enough to assemble 6-8 jars.
The single serving jar quantities and “stacking” order are listed directly below.
Use Wide Mouth Pint and Half Jars with Lids, or whatever sized salads you want to make!
How to assemble your jars 8 layers, listed from bottom of the jar to the top:
From the Bottom of the jar, going up:
- 2 Tbsps creamy avocado + cilantro dressing in the very bottom of each jar
- 6-8 grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of seasoned ground turkey and black bean (directions below)
- 3 Tbsps fresh roasted corn, peppers, and green chile mixture
- 6 halved black olives
- 3 Tbsps of fresh diced red, yellow & orange baby bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp grated all-natural cheddar cheese
- 2 good handfuls of torn green lettuce leaves at the very top
For the Homemade Creamy Avocado + Cilantro Dressing:
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place all your dressing ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Thin out the salad dressing out with about 1/4 cup cold water (more or less) just until you get your desired consistency.
- Keeps well in an airtight container for 1 week, refrigerated. Makes 6-8 servings of dressing.
For the Grass Fed Beef or Ground Turkey and Black Bean Filling:
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained if using canned
- 1 lb ground grass-fed beef, or turkey, browned, and well seasoned with the following:
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder, onion powder, granulated garlic, paprika, and turmeric.
- Add sea salt and fresh black pepper if desired.
- Adjust to taste I always add more seasonings at the end if desired.
Makes enough for 6-8 salad jars.
- Remove cooked, and seasoned meat mixture from pan, allow to cool, then place in a bowl add black beans and gently stir to combine.
For the Roasted Corn:
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 4-6 ounces diced, roasted green chilies
- 2 corn cobs or 1 cup frozen corn
- Using a cast iron skillet heat 1 Tbsp of avocado, or olive oil, then add in this order 1/2 diced green bell pepper, 1/2 of a diced red bell pepper saute for 2 minutes add the corn cut and removed from 2 cobs and 4-6 ounces diced roasted green chilies.
- Saute all together for 3-4 minutes on a med-high heat…don’t over roast this mixture, you want it firm.
- Assemble your salad jars in the order first mentioned above.
- These stay well for 3-4 days, sealed well in the refrigerator.