#HappyWeekend! Many vegetables are at their peak season right now through early Fall.
In fact, we almost can’t use them fast enough!
It’s pretty ideal to start the day with a good serving of vegetables + protein…but to have them also taste incredible…well, that’s basically my life mission!
Enjoy! Makes about 4 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thin sliced into half moons
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (various colors), sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, and more for brushing the pan
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 large free range eggs
- a handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
This recipe is super QUICK! You can also prep ahead by chopping your veggies the night before and whip this one up first thing.Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. Lightly brush a large, flat rimmed baking sheet with avocado oil.
- In a large glass mixing bowl add all prepped & chopped veggies, garlic, cumin, and paprika.
- Season with sea salt, pepper to your personal taste and drizzle with the 2 Tablespoons avocado oil; combine well to coat your veggies.
- Arrange veggies in a nice single layer on the baking sheet and roast for about 10-12 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and with a wooden spoon, create 5 spaces where you can gently crack the eggs into as shown.
- Place back into your hot oven and bake until the eggs are set and cooked to your liking, about 7-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and green onions. Enjoy!
This is a seriously great way to start your morning off Clean!