THIS is the drop-what-you’re-doing, make new plans around this salad kind of post.
Include this in your weekend! Bring it to a party, or invite a few of your favorite people over and celebrate LIFE Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken fillets, about 5 oz each
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 8 packed cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen organic corn kernels
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Heat a grill pan or an outside grill on medium-high heat.
- Rub chicken with sea salt, pepper and a bit of oil, then add it to the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the inside.
- Set aside on a chopping board, cover and rest for a couple of minutes, then slice thin.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute garlic and onions for 6 minutes, or until soft and golden brown.
- Place caramelized garlic & onions in a small blender together with remaining extra virgin olive oil, cider vinegar and lemon juice; puree until smooth.
- Season to your taste with sea salt & pepper, then refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
- In a large salad bowl, add lettuce, then cooked chicken, tomatoes, corn, eggs, pecans, and diced avocado as shown.
- Once ready to serve drizzle the dressing on top, and gently toss to combine.
Look at all those colors! I truly believe food should taste as AMAZING as it looks! Remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations and let me know if you LOVE this recipe too!